Thursday, November 03, 2005

Comeback "Comeback"

Ok, I hope Bruce was playing a mean joke when he told me that HBO cancelled "The Comeback." Yes, it did have a perfect ending, but I want more. Actually, I think I NEED more.

Am I alone in this universe? None of my friends really got into this show, the way we all got into "Six Feet Under" or "The Office." "Too insider," they would say. And to that I say, "Um, we all work in this business. If we don't get the joke, who will?"

I never watched "Friends." I've seen bits and pieces of it here and there, but have never seen an entire episode. Nothing wrong with it, but I just wasn't interested. However, I think Lisa Kudrow is a genius. Anyone who knows me knows that "Romy and Michele's High School Reunion" is one of my favorite movies, and I don't even consider it a guilty pleasure. It's simply good. And Lisa Kudrow makes me laugh all the way through it. But in "The Comeback," that pained/strained smile that signals that she's thisclose to "thar she blows!" is just too funny. I loved the character of Valerie Cherish. This show was closer to a documentary that most documentaries I've seen. It never let me down.

Well, I guess I'll have to settle for watching the American version of "The Office," which I love. Oh, and I'll wait for "The Sopranos" and "The L-Word" to roll back around.

And please, someone, put "The Comeback" on dvd. I'll buy it the day it comes out. I'll pre-order it even. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home