Monday, October 31, 2005

Why Bother?

So I woke up to the news that GW Bush has nominated Samuel Alito as the next Supreme Court justice. I was just about to start reading up on him, but then it hit me -- why bother?

I mean, seriously. What the hell do I think I'm going to learn? It doesn't matter who this guy is. All that matters is that Bush nominated him. That is all the research I have to do.

The truth is that the Supreme Court, under Bushy's administration, is like a conservative lego sculpture. Pull a piece out, and put another one in, and it's going to fit like a glove. Reach into the box of lego and they are all going to snap into place and conform perfectly. It's not like he's going to pull out a lincoln log or a tinker toy. No, it's going to be lego, over and over and over again.

I wanted to watch some Netflix movies today anyway. I hope "The Interpreter" is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home